Saturday, January 9, 2010

naughty bits abound

Today we did the touristy stuff around London. We hit up Buckingham Palace briefly and saw some of the guys in bearskins. We did manage to see Westminster Palace and Westminster Abbey, although we couldn't stay long. We did a quick run around the ritzy part of London, with the Aston Martin and Porsche places and Stella McCartney. The highlight of my day was seeing where the Queen buys her underthings. After the tour I was pretty well exhausted and I don't remember much, although I have the pictures.
I discovered Boots, and I'm thrilled. It's basically a Walgreens, selling toiletries and the like, but for some reason it seems better.
Has etiquette changed on other people in bathrooms? Twice today in the flat I was in the loo, and I wasn't doing anything embarrassing, but I had the door shut and two people came in without knocking! The guy at least said sorry. But is it now okay to ignore the shut door of the loo and barge in for whatever reason? I was and am flabbergasted by this. I like my privacy, especially when my naughty bits could very well be on view.
Anyway. Tomorrow (which is actually today here) I'm going to try to find a good bookstore. I have to find a textbook that is apparently confusing Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie, Don't they have locks on the loo? I would probably learn how to put your hand on the door as you are also doing your duty or put a chair in there to put under the doorknob...otherwise, you will just have to get used to it. At least it is indoors with running water...hee...hee...when your Uncle Bill lived there, he peed outside, but then again, he does that here too!

    ReplyDelete