Thursday, January 14, 2010

pub adventures

Well, today I had the rest of my classes. The screenwriting class seems intimidating but fun. We're going to watch a lot of classic movies (not necessarily old) and analyze them, and we're eventually going to write half of a full length screenplay - about 50 pages. The actual writing seems scary, but I think the analyzing will be fun. The History of London class seems awesome. Only half of the classes are lecture - the rest are field trips to museums and sites that are relevant to the course. And the professor is adorable and (I think) very English. He couldn't get the projector to work, so he said, "Right, there's a problem, I'll have a cup of tea and hopefully it will be fixed". This was followed shortly by "I had my cup, it's not working. What the hell is going on?". Maybe it was stereotypical, but I thought it was cute. And I talked to him about John Snow, the doctor who figured out that the cholera epidemic in the mid 1800's was spread via the local water supply. I read a book on him, called The Ghost Map, and he suggested I do a presentation on the water supply system and sewerage. It doesn't sound that interesting, but if I can talk about the spread of epidemics, I'll be happy.
Geek moment over.
We then went out to a pub near out flat with Erin and Lisa. There was sparkling conversation, of course, but there was also Henry Cavill!
Yes, the ridiculously handsome man from the Tudors was in our pub (we've adopted it), and I freaked out. I think we all did. He's beautiful.
I didn't ask for an autograph or anything, because it looked to me like he wanted to be left alone, but I think Shannon got a (discreet) picture.
Our first movie star. Super exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment