Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aladdin and my Grandma Would be Proud

Good evening Ladies and Gents!
Tonight I went to an Italian restaurant with Shannon where we split a Margharita Pizza. We then proceeded to stuff the extra bread rolls into our bags alá Aladdin. My grandma, who lived through the Great Depression, taught me well.

The highlight of my day was wandering around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens for a couple of hours. Once in the park, I felt like I was in Narnia (you would love it, Karl) as I stepped out of the noisy, chaotic bustle of London, and into actual nature. It was the first fresh, unpolluted air I've breathed since being here. In the spirit of my sister, I went "adventuring" off the beaten track, and got lost a few times. I had a lovely time in my muddy state, excepting the occasions when pigeons tried to molest me by flapping their germ-infested wings in my face.
I hope to convey this experience through pictures since my words cannot do it justice.

Con amore,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment