Thursday, March 11, 2010

Starstruck

I'm still hyperventilating a bit so please excuse any fawning and adoring language that is about to occur. We went to see the play The Little Dog Laughed tonight. We got there early so we could get student priced tickets, which just meant that we got the best tickets that were left but for a discounted price. This ended up being the 6th row right in the middle. Score! Anyway, since we got there early, we walked around a bit and discovered that there was a movie premiere happening just around the corner. It was for the movie The Bounty Hunter starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. Kinda freaked out and joined the throng of people trying to shove their way to see them. I didn't get very far, but I did see them both and got some blurry pictures of them. The one here is kind of cheating as it was on the big screen above the red carpet, but it is the best one I have.
So then we saw the play. We had heard it was good, but I will be honest when I say that the main draw for me was that one of the four cast members is Rupert Friend, who plays Prince Albert in The Young Victoria, which is a movie we all know I am obsessed with. Anyway, it turned out to be a really good play. The main woman was Tamsin Greig, who Maggie had heard of, and she was absolutely hilarious and fantastic. The other guy was Harry Lloyd (who isn't famous but was very good) and Gemma Arterton, who you might know from Tess of the D'ubervilles, Lost in Austen, or a little movie called Quantum of Solace. After the play, we waited outside the stage door to get autographs. I was surprised because there were only about 10 people waiting, including us. Rupert Friend appeared first and after an awkward moment when everyone just stood there, I stepped up to him and said, "Hi!" He asked me if I wanted an autograph, I said yes (of course) and then told him how great I thought the play was. Then I also asked him if I could take a picture with him and he said sure and so that is the picture included here!! Then everyone else (Maggie and a few others) got his autograph and left. I was very proud of myself for stepping up, especially because I acted like a normal person and was very cool and as nonchalant as a person asking a hot actor for an autograph can be. Until he left. Then I freaked out a little. Anyway, Harry Lloyd also signed my program and was very friendly and Tamsin Greig signed, too, and although I could tell she was really tired, she told us that we had been a great audience. We waited awhile for Gemma, but she didn't show up so we left because it was cold. However, 3 out of 4 isn't bad, especially when one was Rupert Friend!!! So, lots of exciting stargazing tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment