Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday

I've been sick on and off, which is why I haven't blogged in a while - I've basically been a bump on a log. However, today I ventured outside the apartment for a considerable length of time.
First, I went to the Globe gift shop. It's a lovely place with many amazing things.
For future reference, I should never be allowed in there again - or at least not with a credit card.

I also went to St. Paul's Cathedral - you know, the big one - and walked around a bit. To be honest, I didn't have the greatest time.
Part of it was I didn't have a tour guide or anyone telling me about the amazing things I was looking at, so my experience boiled down to, "Gee, that's pretty".
Part of it was I was dumb enough to go on a Saturday, when all the tourists are out. It was busy, and everyone was noisy.
Part of it was that people were taking pictures (which they asked us not to do) and being loud, and there was some screaming, which seems disrespectful to me. So I was crabby.

But mainly, it was because I heard the guy in front of me talking about how there were so many Catholics (I didn't know Catholicism was that obvious), and that Catholics shouldn't be allowed in St. Paul's because it's an Anglican church. So that colored the entire experience.

Really, St. Paul's was beautiful, and if I had had a tour guide and a non-jerky guy in front of me, I would have had a fabulous time.

And the Globe gift shop was really incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment