Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Private Lives

Here we go again. I'm hyperventilating....again. Another night, another play, and more famous people. Tonight Lauren and I went to see Private Lives, a play by Noel Coward and starring Kim Cattrall (you may know here from a little show called Sex and the City) and Matthew MacFadyen (the most beautiful and talented actor from Little Dorrit and the newest Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice). Despite being in the absolute last row in the absolute highest balcony, we were at least in the middle and so had a pretty good view...even if they were all a little far away. The play is about Amanda (Cattrall) and Elyot (MacFadyen) who have been divorced 5 years, but run into one another again on their respective honeymoons to their respective new spouses. Comedy and chaos ensue. The entire cast was very good and it didn't matter at all that we couldn't see them too well because we were the first to be by the stage door after the show. This show had a little bit more of a crowd. Kim Cattrall came out first and signed my program and took a picture with Lauren. She was very nice to all the people waiting and made sure everyone who wanted a photo or autograph got one before she left. Weirdly enough, when she left, almost all the fans did too. I didn't understand this at all because I was there to see Matthew MacFadyen. He soon stuck his head out the door and came to sign my program. He was also nice enough to take a picture with me too! Then Lauren and I freaked out because there aren't many more celebrities I would get more excited about than Matthew MacFadyen. Rupert Friend was cool, but he's no Matthew MacFadyen. So, Lauren and I went to celebrate with a fantastic crepe and freaked out some more. It was awesome. :D

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am seriously jealous because I would LOVE to meet my favorite Mr. Darcy in the flesh! Your photo is amazing and I loved reading of your experience. Wonderful blog! Thanks for sharing so those of us Matthew Macfadyen fans can live vicariously. Sharon Lathan

    ReplyDelete