Monday, February 22, 2010

Billy Elliot

I thought my previous entry was going to be the last before Spain but I can't help writing about the fantastic musical we saw tonight. Billy Elliot. What can I say? Best musical ever? Not really, but it was the best dancing I've ever seen in a musical. And did I mention the dancer was only a 12 year old boy? This kid could do ballet, tap and backflips like you've never seen. Not only that, he would do dance routines that were 10-15 minutes long without looking tired while still singing and doing some dialogue. And he kept this up for 3 hours having a total of maybe 4 really big dance numbers, plus some smaller ones plus an all-cast encore where everyone wore tutus. They have four kids that switch off playing Billy, but still, there is so much choreography and so many lines that it must be absolutely exhausting. But if I could dance half as well as this kid, I would die a happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment